Modern users spend a lot of time online. They educate, chat, and relax on the Web. Online platforms offer diverse opportunities for both leisure and work.
Steam is a gaming platform for buying and playing computer games, communication between players, creating gaming communities, and much more related to gaming. Today, it is a full-fledged social network with many features, like Facebook or VK, which supports more than 10,000 games and applications from different manufacturers, such as Sega, Epic Games, Ubisoft, Rockstar Games, etc. The platform has thousands of users from all over the world.
The Steam platform exists in a web version, accessible through a browser, and as an application for all major stationary and mobile operating systems — Windows, macOS, Linux, iOS, Android. Installation and use of the service is completely free, payment is charged only for the content.
Thus, Steam is an advanced gaming platform, where players can try games, create communities of interest, chat, and look for new acquaintances and friends.
How to Create a New Steam Account?
If you want to know how to register a Steam account, below, we’re going to provide you with step-by-step instructions on it. Yet, first of all, note that there are two ways of registration, namely:
- via a desktop website;
- in a Steam Client (a mobile app).
If you prefer the first option, follow the sequence of steps:
- Open the official website and find the “Login” button.
- Find and click the “sign up” button in an opened window.
- You’ll be asked to enter your email address and confirm it. At this step, you’ll also be asked to choose your country of residence and prove that you’re human.
- Click the “Continue” button.
- Go to the specified email and verify it by opening a verification letter. There, click the “Verify my email address” button. You’ll be immediately redirected to a new page for further verification.
- Come up with a login and password. That’s it! Now, you’re ready to log in using your entrance data.
Alternatively, you can use a Steam Client, i.e. register in the app. The procedure on how to set up a Steam account via the app is the following.
- Open the website and click the “Install Steam” button.
- Install the software that corresponds to your operating system.
- Open it and click the “Create a free account” button.
- The rest is the same as for the browser account.
Once you create the account, you need to verify it. Note that the platform uses phone verification and links profiles to mobile numbers. A verification SMS will be sent to the specified phone number.
Ways to Avoid SMS Verification
Not everyone is ready to reveal his personal data, including phone numbers, due to security issues. Some users believe that they are not protected online since hackers can get access to any info they want. Fortunately, it is possible to bypass real phone disclosure. The following options exist:
- buying a burner phone for one-time authentication;
- borrowing someone else’s phone;
- renting a virtual phone number.
The last solution is the most suitable one since it is more affordable, comfortable, and versatile. The first option is valid for one time only. Borrowing your friend or relative’s phone is not safe and inconvenient. A virtual number comes as the best solution.
Benefits of Virtual Numbers
Renting a virtual number is favorable due to the next advantages:
- 100% anonymity. Users are not afraid of hacker attacks.
- The chance to register several accounts.
- The opportunity to bypass regional bans (if the platform is not supported in particular geo regions).
- Convenience in managing and handling since users control and configure the phone online.
If you want to get a virtual number for registration on Steam, you need to find a trusted service provider. SMSBower is a reputable provider of temporary numbers. It offers fruitful conditions at an affordable cost.
It is recommended to pick the service provider due to the next benefits:
- A wide catalog of available phones. Numbers from different countries and operators are supported. Over 180+ locales worldwide are active.
- Low pricing. Prices are reasonable and fully correspond to the quality of provided services.
- Confidentiality. When registering an account, a minimum set of personal data is required.
- 24/7 support. Managers are use-oriented and competent to answer any question and solve any query.
- An easy-to-navigate website with an intuitive interface.
- A wide range of functionalities. All settings are configured online. It is possible to set voice recording, forwarding, etc.
Using a virtual number is a risk-free way to register on online platforms and enjoy functionalities with a minimum investment. It is a convenient solution for non-limited access to the Steam platform and an enjoyable gaming experience.